ASPC is determined to continue evergreen path
After gaining success in years 1394 (March 2015-16) and 1395 (March 2016-17) and winning a “silver” and “gold” awards respectively at the 18th and 19th National Congress on Green Industrial and Service Units, ASPC managed to win the prestigious “gold” award receiving the title of the “best company in green industry” at the 20th round of the national congress.
ASPC was one out of 15 companies around the globe which managed to win a prestigious globe of honor for excellence in environmental management from the British Safety Council (BSC) in 2017.
ASPC, indeed, considers environmentally unfriendly (eco-unfriendly) development as a one-sided, unsustainable, and incomplete development and is committed to the optimum use of raw materials, observing the rights of local communities and citizens with the motto of “Reduce! Reuse, Recycle”. In line with meeting the goal of sustainable development, ASPC has set a target of Zero Discharge which is beneficial to the environment and has developed and implemented short-term and long-term operational plans in this regard. .
- Using modern systems for controlling and monitoring environment pollutants such as the online monitoring system.
- Conducting preventive programs such as the project for identifying and removing leakage at processing equipment (LDAR program) -- as the first Iranian company active in the oil, gas, and petrochemical industry.
- Winning the national green industry’s “gold” award from the Department of Environment (DOE).
- Receiving a five-star certificate in environment and winning a Globe of Honor for excellence in environmental management from the British Safety Council (BSC), the most accredited auditing organization for environmental management in the world
- Implementing a de-dusting project in the low-density polyethylene (LDPE) plant of the company to prevent from spread of dusts and polymer particles in the complex’s atmosphere.
- In line with its social responsibilities, ASPC is the sole supporter of the eco-friendly plan for protecting Gazella Bennettii at the Nayband National Park.
- Creating, maintaining, and expanding of green space by 9 hectares through planting ever green species native to the region inside the complex which are effective in removing pollution and purifying the air are some examples of ASPC’s commitment to environmental protection.
- Implementing an important and key project of improving direct reduction
- operations at the olefin plant of the company with the cooperation of the German Linde company in order to prevent spread of any kind of gas pollutants.
- Establishing an environment management system, including material flow cost accounting (MFCA) complying ISO 14051 standard with the aim of reducing wastes -- as the first company in the petrochemicals industry.
- Making investment in the waste cleanup program of the Nayband Gulf by means of cleaning devices for the first time along the country’s southern coats.
- Establishing a solar power plant -- with the capacity of 18 KW (kilowatt) -- in Gazella Bennettii’s site in Nayband National Park aimed at supplying power for the site according to the international environmental standards in establishing national parks.
- Carrying out studies in line with improving the organizational culture and commitment to the environment evaluating the current situation aimed at finding an effective and efficient solution.
Also, as per environmental considerations and regulations and observation of the rights of citizens and employees, pollutants emerged as a results of the company’s production processes are monitored and controlled using online monitoring technology and CCTV cameras installed on the pollutant sources, and the resulting data are sent to the comprehensive monitoring system of the department of environment (DOE). Management and reduction of greenhouses gases emerging from combustion sources is one of the strategic objectives of the company. In this line, some projects and plans have been developed and are being implemented.