Social responsibility involves a set of continuous obligations and duties to be fulfilled by organizations while preserving, safeguarding and contributing to the community in which they operate. Despite its economic nature, Arya Sasol Polymer Company (ASPC) has constantly been adopting an extensive approach to the entire society. This arises from ASPC’s futuristic approach, where business is highly intertwined with the surrounding environment. ASPC emphasizes that financial success will not create value unless the society is involved.
In planning and managing its social responsibilities, ASPC builds and manages a major relationship with the society so that the expansion of one sector will not hinder the development of others. Compliance with local, national and international standards have played a key role in establishing corporate social responsibility regarding social responsibilities and adoption of policies/guidelines of the National Iranian Petrochemical Company (NIPC), Persian Gulf Petrochemical Industries Co. (PGPIC), South African Sasol and Pars Tamin Majd.
Partnership with social institutions to undertake supportive activities for local and national communities.
- Constructing a 12-classroom school in Akhand (a village in Bushehr) in an effort to promote educational facilities for Iranian children.
- Establishing the Maryam Charity Organization to help the true destitute people
- Participating in civil development projects in an effort to promote local infrastructure
- Hiring local workforce
- Developing a sustainable environment by preserving the habitat for chinkaras.
- Educating and promoting an appropriate culture in the nearby community to protect and preserve the local, regional and national environments.
- Continuous monitoring and reduction of environmental pollution through deployment of a real-time management and monitoring system for environmental pollutants and continuous efforts to reduce environmental pollutants by making modifications in production processes
- Deploying an energy management system to reduce the consumption of non-renewable energy
- Clearing Nayband Gulf with the help of employees and their families
- Encouraging employees to support charity organizations
- Training employees and their families to protect and preserve the environment
- Taking into account the social and environmental liabilities in mutual contracts and requiring contractors to abide by them