To maintain and improve safety level of employees and reduce job risks, ASPC’s activities are done based on the following objectives:
- Improving and maintaining the employees’ physical health to/at the highest level, preventing workplace hazards and managing workplace health hazards.
- Increasing productivity through eliminating or minimizing the workplace hazardous factors.
- Preventing work-related diseases in the work environment
Safety excellence model in the work environment is a modern management model for managing health aimed at developing the company’ accountability to human and social assets highlighting the significance of its financial and economic resources. The model is an integrated model taken from the World Health Organization (WHO)’s, the International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP)’s, and the SOLVE training package of the International Labor Organization (ILO)’s global model for healthy workplace.
Establishing this model helps the company to identify and improve its level of excellence in health qualities in various processes of identification, organizational commitment, strategic and operational planning, as well as implementation, control, and evaluation. It also helps the company to evaluate and analyze health management functions, to develop its accountability to human and social resources emphasizing the importance of the financial and economic management. Through the establishment of this model, the HSE management has been turned into a decision-making power creating competitive atmosphere aimed at reaching the organizational objectives at the level of excellence.
- Conducting periodical evaluation (quantitative & qualitative) of the workplace hazardous factors and following up on the implementation of technical, engineering controlling and managerial measures taken in the field of occupational health of the employees considering the pyramid presented by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Following up on and monitoring the health conditions of the complex’s employees in order to diagnose work-related diseases early. Maintaining and improving the health level of the employees through conducting examinations before and after employment periodically.
- Conducting special examinations (biological monitoring of chemical exposure in the workplace) once a year to assess chemical exposure and health risk to workers.
- Interacting appropriately with research and academic centers in order to develop and implement research projects on industrial health.
- Providing the obese and overweight employees (BMI of over 25) with incentives to improve their health based on a health plan outlined for safeguarding and protecting the company’s human resources and improving their health level.